Dougie Hamilton vs Morgan Rielly
View Single Post
12-30-2012, 02:54 PM
HEART AND SOUL
Join Date: Oct 2002
Originally Posted by
This response is mostly for Atomos2:
1. During this World Junior Tournament Hamilton has been playing a different role than last year. Last year Hamilton played with Gormley as the top offensive pairing. Murray and Harrington were the shut down pairing. This year with Murray's absence, Hamilton and Harrington are the shutdown pair. They have not been playing with Nuge/Scheifele/Huberdeau 5 on 5. Yes, Hamilton is getting powerplay time with the top unit.
2. Hamilton and Reilly should not be compared in style of play. Hamilton joins the rush. Reilly leads the rush. You used a comparison of a Crosby goal to show Reilly's ability as a scorer. Hamilton doesn't score a lot of points like that.
3. Hamilton is 6'5" 205lbs and still growing into his body. He has grown 4inches since he started in the OHL. Reilly is 6' give/or take an inch and 205 according to Hockeydb.com. He may still be growing into his body.
4. Reilly is more comparable to Murphy.
5. All were first rounders. All will be playing in the NHL some day on their respective teams. And there roles will be different.
good post. hard to argue with any of it.
View Public Profile
Visit VeddarRants's homepage!
Find More Posts by VeddarRants