View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 03:14 PM
turkulad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I'd be a little disappointed with those returns, but then again, it's a balance with the people asking for Kovalchuk for Luongo from the Devils, or even Kessel for Lu+. More futures oriented then I'd want, thats what I think my hang up is about those trades.

Then again, Ballard for Nielsen isn't bad at all. Would the Isles faithful go for that though?
Based on my limited ability to determine what would solve our third line problems, Nielsen has always been my #1 solution and an Isles fan starting a thread about getting a great Dman for Nielsen+other good assets got me thinking about it again. I would even consider adding Raymond to the trade with an Isles prospect that is a year or two away, but adding both Ballard and Raymond in the initial offer would've made it too tempting for bashers. Me hoping to get Joensuu, would've, too. I'm dying to get another Finn on board!

Valuewise, though, I consider Nielsen-for-Ballard a good fit, it's just that Nielsen is so well liked by the Isle fans they aren't keen on seeing him go.. but in the end The Isles do need one reliable, veteran defenseman, and we need a third-line center so we can finally stop talking about Schroeder and just let him take his time.

I'd also consider getting two prospects for Luongo that are 1+ years away a good deal for us. Kassian is pushed towards graduation next year and Jensen is another potential one for that purpose, so Top 6 spots are tight for prospects that aren't surefire (and those we ain't getting, see: trade value discussion with Florida fans) .. but Shore and Petrovic ain't sloutches themselves. The defense is also pretty much set, and the bottom pairing lacks a veteran presence that should be available from the UFA market, without a need to trade assets.