View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 04:25 PM
The Big Unit

vCash: 500
Tavares in his rookie season had 54 points in 82 games and was -15. He had 67 points in 79 games in his second season and was -16. Last season he had 81 points in 82 games and was -6.

RNH in his rookie season had 52 points in 62 games and was -2. This season in the AHL he has 20 points in 19 games and is +7.

Based on those two metrics, you can't argue that Tavares has more POTENTIAL going forward than RNH. I understand there's more to it than simply points but when both RNH and Tavares were drafted they went to the worst team in the NHL. In the long run I see RNH's chances of winning an Art Ross to be much higher than Tavares.

Just for good measure here's another guy who isn't on the list but will have a major impact on RNH's career success along with Hall.

Jordan Eberle's rookie season saw him score 43 points in 69 games and he was -12. In his second season he scored 76 points in 78 games and was a plus 4 on the 29th place team in the NHL.

Both RNH and Eberle are better defensively than Tavares based on what we've seen so far. Throw in the potential future contributions of Hall, Yakupov and Justin Schultz and I see the career potential of RNH to be higher than Tavares.

The Big Unit is offline   Reply With Quote