View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Sky04

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
Lots of guys have 100 point potential? That is news to me. 1 player hit 100 points last year. Just because you have the potential to hit 100 points does not mean you will. Tavares has potential to be a 40g-75a if he hits his full potential and has a good team around him. All of these guys you listed have elite players around them. Ovechkin has Backstrom, Greene, and in the past Semin. Crosby and Malkin have one another, as well as Neal, Letang, and a group of great players around them. Put Tavares on a team like Pittsburgh and he could hit 100 points annually. I do think Crosby and Malkin have the highest ceilings in the NHL, but in my opinion those are the only 2 players with higher ceilings than Tavares. And I watch 15+ penguin games a year and 75+ isles games a year.
Please, Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin have 100 point potential with any 3rd line scrub, Tavares doesn't, that's their clear separation. If you want to argue that he needs elite linemates to produce elite numbers, we'll put him on the same potential category as Heatley.

"Just because you have the potential to hit 100 points does not mean you will", umm exactly? Tavares isn't a 100 point guy yet either btw.. and who knows if he'll hit it, so he's in that same boat.

Sky04 is online now   Reply With Quote