View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Gaudreau has been pretty awful in all the games. I don't know if it's a confidence thing or he's struggling to compete at a higher level, where the IQ level of the opposition is much closer to that of his own.

Wotherspoon meanwhile has been phenomenal. Generating a ton of praise from TSN and was out there a lot in the third period of the USA game. Hockey Canada seems to have a lot of faith in him and he has certainly delivered. It's awesome because our defensive pool isn't much to write home about.

And while I haven't seen him play at all, Granlund has supposedly been Finland's best player. His play in Finland has been rather underwhelming (his production has dipped a fari bit) but the entire HIFK team has supposedly been awful. Whatever the case is, he needs to be in Abbotsford next season.
An "awful" assessment is pretty harsh IMO.

He's been smooth but not dynamic. A playmaker not a shooter.

He could easily have 4 points - 2 goals (breakaway and a paper thin toe save by the Russian goalie) and a few assists from the corners/behind the net as he has done a good job getting the puck to his teammates but no one has buried them.

I have been disappointed with his speed, I was expecting a faster player.

To me he looks like a complementary playmaking winger who will need a star winger (Iginla) or a star center to play with.

As for calling Wotherspoon "phenomenal" well that's a bit of an overrated assessment. He's been solid but a wrong bounce or quicker step by opponents and he could have been a goat a few times as well.

I really like him though, he's got top 4 NHL upside for sure.

But let's reserve "phenomenal" for a Eberle/Lindros type of junior performance.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote