View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 04:40 PM
newfy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
I'm a huge Ouellet fan and I think he is definitely our 3rd best prospect at the moment. I can't really point out a comparable pro player to him but I'm sure there's a couple out there.

EDIT: Marc-Edouard Vlasic

Sheahan and Jurco were kind of a toss-up but I gave the edge to Jurco because his ceiling is much higher than Sheahan. Sheahan is the safer prospect of the two. He is tremendous in his own zone and is starting to display that offensive prowess people have been talking about but he had never really shown it until now.

I'm one of the few who still believes Pulkkinen can develop into something, though its not very likely. I think he may "boom" in Grand Rapids whenever he gets there. He's been working hard and has improved his skating and defense and he's been producing at a PPG for the past 20 or so games.
I always see that Vlasic comparison but dont really agree with it. Vlasic had one big offensive season on a really high powered offensive team. I see Ouellet as more then just a 15-25 point dman in the NHL. Ouellet is also a bit meaner, I dont think that he will be a bully in the NHL but hes a hard nosed guy and willing to fight. Vlasic hasnt shown that at all in his game either.

Ouellet is more Brad Stuart then he is Vlasic, or maybe Dan Hamhuis

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote