View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Rob Scuderi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
On my original list, I had Vachon, Giacomin, Luongo, Joseph, and Vanbiesbrouck all right after each other, as basically equals. Someone tell me again what makes any of them better than the others.
Yeah that group is really tough for me. I've posted mostly about the older goalies, but I'm having a hard time seeing how my top 8 isn't going to be seriously slanted towards post-expansion guys this round.

I took Beezer over Vachon last round which I think could make for a good comparison. I'm having a hard time picking between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
Possibly. He along with Paddy Moran, maybe Tom Paton?

I've never really seen it with LeSueur. Anyone want to try to convince me?
I think Riley Hern was probably better than Moran and definitely Paton. I had Hern over LeSueur on my original list, but that was really a case of taking GAA figures at face value more than anything else.

LeSueur's career started with a bang for sure though, he got killed in a two-game Stanley Cup challenge against Ottawa playing for Smiths Falls (from the FAHL) and they liked him so much they brought him on for their next challenge. What's impressive to me, is that Ottawa was still winning Stanley Cups with the goalies between Bouse Hutton and LeSueur yet they still weren't content. After they got LeSueur though the job was his until Benedict came in so he definitely gave them what they were looking for.

Rob Scuderi is offline   Reply With Quote