View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Beleafer4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
I thought today was Hamilton's best of the tourney. Made some great plays defensively with his stick. But he was noticeably off his game in the offensive zone. Rielly I thought actually played really well. He was a lot more loose and I thought he looked solid. Nothing on the scoresheet but he had a few good looks.
I agree it was hamiltons best game, he showed some solid defensive presence, and we really needed that to maintain our lead. It's just offensively I thought he was killing plays. I mean every time on the pp he would miss the net, the americans would clear it and we would have to scramble set up again. To exemplify this using stats: In 3 games hamilton has 3 SOG. 3. This is despite the fact that
-He is #1 in minutes
-He is on the #1pp (has most pp time)
-He is the "shooter" of the pp or of any pairing he is in. Because of his role, he has takes a LOT of shots.

Rielly, who is a "passer" or "ppqb" on the #2pp, and is probably last or second last in minutes played by a defenseman on team canada has 10 shots on net. Hopefully this makes you understand just how bad hamilton's shot has been. I was frustrated watching him miss quality chances, and this is coming from a guy who tolerates phaneuf.

Rielly was okay but nothing great. Had some nice offensive moments but I thought he gave opposing forwards too much space in the defensive zone. They ran around him too much. Offensively he seemed slower and a bit less effective than usual. Wasnt the worst canadian defenseman but not the best, somewhere in the middle.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote