Old
12-30-2012, 05:32 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Care to repeat?.
Lehner absolutely needed more time in the AHL. Even this year, Lehner NEEDED to spend time in the AHL. He needed it. He needed to tart games. Look at how he's doing? He's dominating. He needed one solid year of dominant play in the AHL. He needed the confidence. He needed to show the consistency. He's doing that now. We had no idea the lockout would go into January. Bishop provided the insurance we needed to let Lehner develop properly. He would be the NHL backup, and give Lehner the time he needed to have that year long stretch of play that would really separate him from the pack. I think if Lehner is in the NHL this year as a backup, and isn't allowed to really shine as an everyday starter, it really, REALLY hurts his development.

I don't give a **** about Lehner as a backup goalie
. Like, not even a little. He's not a backup. I care about him as our next starting goalie. And to that effect, I want to give him every chance and every opportunity to be the best starter he can be... and in my mind that absolutely includes starting as many games as possible. Bishop lets him do that, at the moment. He's a huge reason why Lehner is dominating right now, IMO: a kick in the arse to motivate him, as well as (if the lockout hadn't happened) allow him to start a ton of games in the AHL.

Goalies develop by starting games when they're young. Not by riding the pine as an NHL backup. I'm 150% behind the Bishop trade, even if he never plays another game for us.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote