View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
In Sarnia, they know to get the puck to Alex, and it's not every game that he pulls a rabbit out the hat. Small sample here, with limited opportunities.

Oh goodness..

Numerous misplays? I'd love for you to expand on that statement. So now a puck bouncing over his stick, only for him to coral it and get it to the net, is to be held against him in such a negative light? It's him that allowed for all those chances at the end there.

This is much truer than you think.

I wonder what lens you were watching this through if you think there wasn't much difference here? Canada outplayed them and if not for Gibson, would have won bigger.

Although Galchenyuk hasn't been at his absolute best, his ability is there to be seen. USA hasn't been able to take advantage of it for whatever reasons, but I for one, am not disappointed in the slightest by his play thus far.

Because having no bias means we should lie to ourselves?

Plain as day who the best forward for USA is, and how inept the forwards surrounding him have been. Jones, Ghost, and Reilly as well.

A lot of people won't notice things such as this, because it doesn't suit their predisposed notions.

Reality is, most of the time, he ties the game there and is the hero. Point is, you can't get too high about the good days, or too low about the bad days. Read between the lines, and see the big picture. In re-watching the game, it's painful to see the muffed plays by his linemates, and turnovers/bad passes to Alex when he's open in a prime area.

Oh man, I forgot about that play. So promising until..

Agreed.
You are displaying knowledge, perspective, the ability to be objective and use logic.............you had me at hello