View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
In theory, I don't think either trade is terrible, but in reality, I don't think they work out for either side.

Perry, and I understand the furor around trading him is based on him, maybe, kinda, sorta, wanting to move on if Anaheim isn't competing this year (or next or what ever). But, as much as I like Kassian (unproven and a little bit of a project), our first and Raymond doesn't bridge the gap between Kassian and Perry, even as a UFA. I'm not selling Raymond short as a Canucks fan, but I just don't see the value, or rather, I see other teams handily beating our offer.

Bolland+1st for Schneider seems intriguing to me on paper. Blackhawks get their goalie, we get an abrasive third line center with some skill. But the cold hard truth is Chicago isn't getting the franchise goaltender we see Schneider as, but rather, a young, semi- to unproven player with the potential to be so, at the expense of one of their more productive forwards. I don't for a second think Chicago loses this trade from a Canucks standpoint, infact I think we get royally ripped off, but when dealing for potential, Chicago is in the same boat we are in: They don't want "maybe", they want to know exactly what they are getting. It's the same way we don't want 7 goal Kulemin, but some Toronto fans insist he "probably will get 30 again". There's just a lot that can go wrong.

I'd be willing to make the trade for Perry, even as a rental, but I'm not sold on the Chicago deal at all. From the looks of it, Blackhawks and Ducks fans seem to agree with some of my points, and it doesn't surprise me they decline the trades.
Good post.

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote