Thread: Prospect Info: Official Penguins Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 06:06 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivek View Post
And later include him in a trade for Erik Karlsson. The pieces are all coming together.

I remember people being most down on him because he has a really late birth-date for his draft year. From everything I've read about him, he's got size, a good shot and can skate but could definitely stand to use his size more aggressively plus just being more consistent overall.
sounds intriguing, His September 16th so he's one of the oldest in this draft (maybe even the oldest) but I don't think that should count too much against him.

Found a scouting report from mckeen's hockey

Quote:
talented shooter brings an impressive package of size, speed and skill .. tall, smooth, balanced skater with very good top speed .. and gets there rapidly thanks to a deceptive acceleration burst – masked a bit due to efficient mechanics .. solid crossover form – body retains shape in turns, cuts, pivots .. able to get outside defenders propelled by a swift change of pace .. bit of a ‘lurk in the weeds’ type – prowling on the edges – with a knack of popping up in a prime shooting area .. boasts a deceptively fast release on his wristshots and snappers, accentuated by a large wingspan .. retains his strength and skill at full stretch .. packs a terrific release – gets real wang on his wrister – all arms, wrists and technique .. real fluid mechanics .. setup footwork for his shot is subtle – uses quick, short strides to get body prepared quicker .. adept firing off his inside foot a la Mark Messier
Val-d'Or-sniper-Anthony-Mantha-scoring-respect/

Comparison to James Neal has been mentioned on the prospect board, plays RW but is a leftie.