Thread: Proposal: NY Islanders - Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
Dude, I'm not a Rangers fan, I'm a Sens fan, but without Lundqvist last year, the Rangers would have been golfing after the first round. Lundqvist is as elite as it gets for goalies. Just because he's not in his early 20s does not make him any less elite. The only goalie in the league I might take over Lundqvist, and its arguable, is Price, and that is because of age, not talent (they are pretty equivalent goalies IMO). I don't think I'd even take Rinne over Lundqvist.
Anderson was amazing in the series vs the Rangers as well. Which is the point. Lundqvist is among the very, very best goalies in the NHL. But the difference between top 3 and say 15th or 20th in Anderson is not really that large for goalies.

I think the idea of trading Tavares is asinine. But just saying I think he has a lot more value then any current goalie does. There are more goalies available that can play close to Lundqvist's level then there are Centres that are at Tavares level.

It is funny as an Ottawa fan because we waited sooooo long to have a true #1 like Anderson... now we have Lehner who looks like he can be a #1 too. Goalies are such a crap shoot... and having a consistently great one like Lundqvist is amazing. But he is still more replaceable. He is not Hasek in his prime or something.