Thread: Proposal: NY Islanders - Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
From my limited viewing he is borderline good but nothing great. As somebody else pointed out his speed helps him alot to cover mistakes. Personally I think the best skill though Karlson impresses me with(more then points since that can be the product of his team) is his ability to get the puck out of his own zone whether it be passing it or carrying it out himself in heavy traffic.

All that being said I can't wait to see how he does this season when teams develop gameplan around him. I am guessing his states drop a bit(although not to the degree of Green) but he becomes a consistent 60+ point guy
Teams have been game planning around him for longer than just last season. Nothing about Karlsson is "borderline" good. He is amazing at stealing pucks and breaking up plays.

I honestly think his stats will get better next season and in the future. He had a GREAT season, but I think he is not near his potential offensively.... or defensively. I think he is fully capable of being a top 10 or even top 5 scorer in the entire NHL for the next decade.

He is so smooth and so confident and he rarely forces plays. He is just such a natural. I have never seen anything like him. He is unique but in 10 or 15 years people will talk about him like they do MacInnis and Coffey and Bourque.