View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it impossible to have a shared ice rink? The ice needs to be melted, the floor re painted or surfaced, then the ice needs to be frozen again to complete the transformation. There would have to be day intervals for this to even be plausible and considering AHL is very weekend heavy and Toronto plays a majority of Saturdaygames at home, there would be a lot of clashing.
This isn't necessary. The Oil Kings and the Hitmen simply play with the Oilers and Flames logos at centre ice. Quite honestly, the change around between a Leafs and Marlies game is negligible. A quick clean of the arena and run the Zamboni over the ice and voila done. This is done many times at the World Juniors. Heck, they don't even make you exit the building if you have tickets to both games until closer to faceoff of the second game. The Leafs could sell this as a doubleheader like in baseball, where many times one ticket gets you two games. Win-win right? Plus, the Marlies games could be kinda like a tailgate party for the Leafs game.

If a Leafs game started at 7 PM on a Saturday, how is a 12 PM Marlies game a clash? I'm not entirely sure why the Leafs are unique, as mentioned many teams share arenas and have games the same day as others. Hockey to hockey is the simplest change and likely with enough staffers could be done in less than an hour.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote