Thread: Value of: Sam Gagner and Ryan Whitney
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 06:57 PM
leeroggy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Because the fit isn't quite there, not the skill. He's a damn good player, we just could use a little more size in the top 6. If you read any of the threads you would know that
How would I know about the threads if I didn't read them?

If size is so important than why would any team trade you a bigger second line center in exchange for him? Isn't he the same size as Ryan Strome? Would you accept Strome even up for Gagner? If you were smart you would, as an Isles fan I wouldn't trade Strome for him. I'm completely confident Strome will exceed 45 points in his fourth NHL season.

I also know Nielsen is a third line center playing out of position as a #2. When the Isles #2 spot is filled Nielsen will take his place as one of the best #3's in the league, and the Isles will be that closer to contention.

Some of the posts on this thread are pretty revealing. Gagner's faceoff % is still below 50% in his fifth season. Improvement isn't exactly coming too fast is it?

You know what is really ironic? Isn't the argument being made against him the same made against his father Dave? Yet look how much more success Dave had in scoring.

Sam was the 6th OVERALL PICK his draft year. He is under-performing his draft status and there is no sugar coating that fact. And it certainly hasn't been because he didn't get the ice time to prove himself.

Last edited by leeroggy: 12-30-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: minor change
leeroggy is offline   Reply With Quote