View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 07:07 PM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I don't see the need to strip things bare and completely rebuild from scratch. Even if you accept that this year's team is doomed despite the possible return of Khokhlachev you can't write off next year as well and jettison the only guys we have who are worth something. If a guy is traded I think he has to be a guy who won't be back next year anyway, (although I'm loathe to trade Koko if he returns) or it has to be a guy who is underachieving. Guys like Sieloff, Rychel, and Vail are living up to their expectations and should be the cornerstones of a solid club next year if not one capable of winning a memorial cup. I think Windsor needs to make itself as competitive as possible each year, and if we're able to secure a cup hosting gig for next year out of doing that then it's gravy. If not, then at least we aren't tolerating more garbage hockey than we should be. If we trade our guys who are performing now just to rebuild again from scratch we'll have a lot more horrible hockey on the horizon and it isn't going to help recruit guys like Butcher, Schmaltz and Allen next year to have nothing to work with. It sucks enough watching guys like Barber and Pietilla play for team USA at the world juniors this year. There's enough pieces here to be a top club before they all go pro. No need to sell.
I am not buying Sieloff, Rychel and Vail is a good enough core to win a Memorial Cup with, heck that core is questionable to even make the OHL playoffs. You talk about trading guys now and rebuilding and not recruiting those guys. What happens after next year if Rychel goes for it and loses all those 19 year olds we have already seen the Spits don't have a good crop of 17 year olds Boughner has made that quite clear with his words. You will just end up rebuilding in 2014 anyways, we are talking about 2 mediocre years now, go for it in 2013-2014 and then mediocre in 14-15. Butcher and Allen aren't showing up they signed their LOI's and have made it clear they want the NCAA. If you don't sell you're hurting the organzation going forward, the only future high NHL pick they have is Rychel or Ho-Sang, banners aren't being raised anymore. We can have our talks about the glory days but fact is it looks like the past 4 years there will have been 4 different division winners it's not like Windsor has clearly been the dominant team in their division. Another year or two I think questions will arise if Windsor is a great place for young prospects to develop.