View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Xokkeu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
again its easy to second guess right now, but our main issue is goal scoring, and what does Boucher do??? he scores goals, and big ones.

the other thing I always said was Boucher should have been here just for the fact that him and Galchenyuk were linemates. Look at the way Galchenyuk and his linemates have played...very little cohesion there, they simply arent playing like they know each other at all outside of Germany.. if Boucher was here I would venture to say that Galchenyuk would play a bit better as they have been teammates for 2 years and the familiarity between them was priceless.

The only other player who should be here 100% is Adam Erne. With his size and skill the kid could have played any role you wanted. And being a 17 year old playing in a majority French speaking league, and dominating the way he has, this kid would have been a blessing to have here...but to not even give him a chance to show his stuff at the December camp was criminal.

I know he is a 95, and USA Hockey rarely brings these kids along, but when you have this type of young gun who is physically mature, you need to bring him along as soon as possible...Canada has both Drouin and Mackinnon on their stacked team, surely we could have found room for Erne on our squad.

As for Lucia, I am a big fan like you, and I am amazed how little icetime him and Trocheck get. Trocheck got more icetime against Canada it seemed, but both of those should be together with Galchenyuk on their wing if you ask me. Lucia has size and skill but hasnt had much of a chance to show it off. Hopefully tomorrow we will get to see some of these kids finally step up and explode as many are soooo due.

Yeah I think we saw how that can really work in the Olympics, bringing guys in who are line mates or partners. Perry-Getzlaf, Seabrook-Keith, Marleau-Thornton. They know each other's tendecies, no need to worry about them gelling. Of all the omissions I think those who said Boucher should have been on the team have the best soapbox to stand on.