View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 08:23 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Yeah I think we saw how that can really work in the Olympics, bringing guys in who are line mates or partners. Perry-Getzlaf, Seabrook-Keith, Marleau-Thornton. They know each other's tendecies, no need to worry about them gelling. Of all the omissions I think those who said Boucher should have been on the team have the best soapbox to stand on.
It doesn't always work though. I remember when we were all excited about Mitch Wahl and Drayson Bowman in this tournament for that same reason and they did nothing with it. Miller and Grimaldi on this team were linemates throughout their NTDP careers and they haven't rekindled that chemistry. Not saying it shouldn't ever factor in but it should only do so when you feel things are basically even between the two guys you may choose.

One thing about about USAH is they are always reactionary instead of progressive in action and thought. They find something that works once and they stick with it for years regardless of results. After our initial WJC gold, and the disappointments that followed, most of us on here had been long calling for a pre-tournament camp in lieu of choosing a roster based on the summer camp but they didn't make that change until 2010. This year seemed like a shift back towards that ideology in that they chose to foster no competition at the December camp and it's a shame, as if they can't fathom the notion that their initial conclusions could be wrong. It may not have made a difference but they've done themselves no favors.