Thread: Proposal: Bruins - Oilers
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Oates2Neely

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
That isn't exactly what I am saying. What I am saying is that I would like to see the Bruins get Smyth but I also don't like what I think it would cost. I also think that Smyth wants to finish his career in Edmonton.

I don't think Smyth-Kelly-Peverley is much better than Caron-Kelly-Peverley, I think Smyth provides another veteran presence and I think that would be great to add for the playoffs.

I would be looking at Smyth as an insurance policy against injury if they were actually considering moving him. I would be looking at him to fill the role that Brian Rolston filled at the end of last season. I don't know for sure what the Oilers would want for Smyth, but I am pretty sure that I wouldn't want to pay it for the role I would like to see him in.
I'm not suggesting Smyth would be bad in Boston, but considering his contract (2yrs), cost to acquire, and his salary, I wouldn't make the move. Now if he were in the final year of his deal I think he'd be a decent deadline acquisition.

I'm beginning to wonder if Chia made a mistake not resigning Pouliot. Never thought I'd say that.

*I could be wrong on Smyths contract status

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote