View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Moulson's scored somewhere around 97 or 98 goals over the last 3 seasons. That's playing above his skill level?
Again, Moulson's a nice player, but he's not a clear cut 1st liner. So, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Last month an opposing scout described Hamonic as a beast according to Friedman. Another player put in a role above his skill level ?
That's nice, but meaningless. Hamonic was thrust into a top pairing role before he was ready for it. He's done well, all things considered, but there's no way hes a 1st pairing defenseman.

Quote:
We won't change each other's mind about MacDonald. I'm actually more comfortable counting on Hamonic+ MacDonald, then any of the NYI other blueliners.
Me too. That doesn't make them top 2 defensemen on a good team. It makes them top 2 on the Islanders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I think he's a good #4. A guy who could play effectively in a 2nd pairing role if need-be, but probably a guy you'd rather have holding down your 3rd pairing.
That's about where I sit with him as well. The Isles need serious upgrades on D if they care to go anywhere (and there's no evidence to suggest that they care to). Their D is garbage right now.

Last edited by Richie Daggers Crime: 12-30-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote