Thread: Speculation: More Luongo Talk
View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Ched Brosky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
Regardless of whether Lou is traded or cut, it still only leaves the Nucks with around $10 million to sign 11 players in 2013-14 (assuming a $60 million cap, which may or may not end up being the number). That is an average of less than $800,000 per player to sign or resign 7 forwards, 3 defenders and 1 back-up goalie.How does that equate to being "fine?"
I showed u a complete roster the canucks could run with that is competitive that still has luongo on the team and Schneider that fits right at the 60M mark

Granted its a 20 man roster I'm sure gillis and gillman can find ways around calling players up and remaining under the cap when injuries occur

Not to mention we move Lou lack makes 700k which leaves 4.6M to upgrade. Use 600k for an extra player case of short term injury that leaves 4M to upgrade. Hell take 1.8M out to have a 23 man roster that leaves us with 2.8M to upgrade on top of what the player being upgraded on already makes

Even with me showing u exactly how the canucks can manage to get under the 60M cap u seem to ignore it and keep talking about how it doesn't seem likely they could

Last edited by Ched Brosky: 12-30-2012 at 10:32 PM.