View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt View Post
I know a lot of people will disagree... but I absolutely think it has to be Malkin, there.
I absolutely agree. Malkin on the half wall, Sid either on the point or down low. And I don't want to put our franchise 8.7 million dollar player in the crease that often. Sid can certainly pass well enough to run the PP from the point. And even if he doesn't have a bomb of a slapshot, he should be able to get shots on net if they don't respect it. Malkin on the right wall, Letang over on the other point and Neal sneaking around gives Sid a passing option in pretty much every direction. We just need Letang to keep his shots on net so he doesn't clear the zone every time he takes a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post

Ultimately, it just doesn't seem to be an issue that is treated as an organizational priority. Right or wrong.
I think its because we have so much talent out there that it should never be a weakness; so it never gets "fixed." I think it should be a priority to straighten it out because the powerplay should be an overwhelming strength with Sid, Geno and Neal out there. I think the personnel we have could be great; we just need to straighten out who is playing where and stick to it. Sid and Geno could do some rotating and whatnot, but for the most part one of them needs to take the wall and the other needs to go somewhere else. The obvious choice being the point despite not being the ideal spot for either as far as shooting goes.

Last edited by Ogrezilla: 12-30-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote