Old
12-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Cogburn
Trixie Hobbitses

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Who is playing defense?
That leaves us with 5 NHL d-men, and gives us an unnecessary amount of forward depth. One of Booth/Higgins/Hansen would be playing on the 4th line.

(I doubt we get Lupul AND Kadri for Luongo, and we will probably have to add something to Ballard to get Nielsen)
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Edler
Joslin/Connauton-Tanev
Connauton-Joslin

I wouldn't call Joslin any worse, or better, then Alberts, but he's cheaper. However, I was basing that set of trades on $65 million cap, but I forgot about Nielsen's raise. So we can scratch that, keep Ballard, and keep our defensive pairings as is, and replaces the more expensive Alberts for Joslin, or just keep AA.

But ok, revamping it a little bit, partially for you Nuckles37, and partially because I am now not at work and bored again, a two move proposal:

Gaunce, Raymond and our 1st for Plekanec. Montreal wants to move him, and futures are what they'd want from us. Adding Raymond is a plus for them, and kind of a "meh" from me.

Luongo for Lupul and Colborne (if they wouldn't accept Kadri with Lupul). Let's just settle it for the sake of this proposal. Of course, I'd "settle" for JVR instead of Lupul.

Colborne and Kassian can continue to develop in the AHL if the NHL comes back this season, and with Schroeder and Joslin, Connauton and Sauve, we have a little NHL experience in our call ups, and a few other prospects ready to play if they are to be called upon.

Change my lines as you see fit, but I think that is a dirty top nine. Higgins and Hansen are the only things close to "tweeners" in that top nine, and I think both have shown big steps to becoming top 6 players. Plekanec and Lupul give us a little more versatility and scoring depth, and really bolster our second PP unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roster View Post
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Joffrey Lupul ($4.250m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,290,000; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $910,000