View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 10:52 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
**If Greenway is willing to go to Erie at #3, how could they pass on Greenway? Greenway/Mcdavid has lethal potential written on it. Konecny and MCdavid are not a good match at all. Yes I said it, they are not a match. Why do i say that? They play too much alike. Mcdavid flourishes with a big power forward who love to forecheck, can snipe pucks, exactly like Sam Bennett is. Erie also needs a top end Defenseman so It could go either way, but its hard not to like a skilled big man, who is not soft.

Whats the rumour? Henley going #2? Not happening. Henley is a first rounder and an amazing prospect, Spencer is pretty much the best defenseman in Ontario right now. His skating and top end speed is absolutely incredible, not to mention his stick handling skills. That will translate right away in the OHL. He could produce in the OHL right now.
Very well said Mapleleaf.

As I have said, I havent seen Werenski or Greenway live, and thus cannot compare to Ontario prospects or even Sean Day. To me, Spencer is the real deal. I called it last year with Mckeown going second, and to me Spencer is better at this point then Mckeown was.

So, if we have Day, Werenski, Greenway and Spencer going all to the OHL, thats 4 franchise dmen in one draft. They should go in the top 5. Not to mention Henley (top 10), and MacArthur (first round), this year's draft can be better than the 94's in regards to dmen.

That would mean that Konecny and Korostolev would fall to latter half of top 10. WOW.