View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 11:59 PM
checkmate3

vCash: 500
You must not be as familiar with Greenway as you think. Him and McDavid?? Not exactly the combo Erie would put together. Konecny and McDavid for sure. As for a comparison between Bennett and Greenway..not even close which if you knew Greenway, you would not have made that analogy. Also, Spencer is by far a good D, but there's better as in Lizotte. Has all the qualities that the teams look for besides the fact that his brother is already playing in the O. Spencer needs improving on decision making and passing the puck forward versus rushing it at every opportunity which he wwill not be doing once in the O. Werenski is the only D capable of playing in the O right now, however, Lizotte and Henley all show similarities in their style of play. Reading the play is key for these teams which Henley and Werenski as well as Lizotte do superbly. Again, Spencer will not be a 3rd overall pick. I appreciate your opinion as I'm sure you value mine and all will be revealed come April2013. But Spencer a #3 pick, forget it and Henley has just been rumoured to be on the same train as Werenski. Werenski has the size over Spencer and Henley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
**If Greenway is willing to go to Erie at #3, how could they pass on Greenway? Greenway/Mcdavid has lethal potential written on it. Konecny and MCdavid are not a good match at all. Yes I said it, they are not a match. Why do i say that? They play too much alike. Mcdavid flourishes with a big power forward who love to forecheck, can snipe pucks, exactly like Sam Bennett is. Erie also needs a top end Defenseman so It could go either way, but its hard not to like a skilled big man, who is not soft.

Whats the rumour? Henley going #2? Not happening. Henley is a first rounder and an amazing prospect, Spencer is pretty much the best defenseman in Ontario right now. His skating and top end speed is absolutely incredible, not to mention his stick handling skills. That will translate right away in the OHL. He could produce in the OHL right now.