View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 12:12 AM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
What a wishy washy article. Instead of actually taking a stand and calling it a bad pick, the author decided to cover his ass by making statements like

"First things first, let me begin this piece by stating the following: I think Jacob Trouba has the potential to be a heck of a hockey player, and I hope that he does become one for the Winnipeg Jets. In fact, I could very well become one of his biggest fans if he does become an integral part of our blue-line for the next decade. And I think that he has the potential to do so, as I was very impressed with his efforts as a teenager at this past summers Jets rookie camp."

And then continues to describe how the Jets should have taken Forsberg?

So the article is just to rag on the org again for a pick, but cover your ass enough just in case Trouba turns out so he can say, "see, I also thought Trouba was good too!"
Yeah. Neither Garret or I agreed with him and he was thoroughly shredded in the comments section.

I like Trouba. I always saw him as a safe pick and I was surprised he fell to us. I was also surprised how Grigs and Forsberg fell. I probably would have gone in the direction of a forward, but I never hated the Trouba pick. He looks great and he is developing quickly, but it will be years before we know what the Jets passed on.

truck is offline   Reply With Quote