View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Imlach a cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
I haven't watched him extensively, from what I've seen in the WJC this year, he did everything right in the Canada game, simple plays without trying to get overly fancy, then for some reason he started regressing back to the low percentage plays for some reason and playing with less intensity.

Could you elaborate on how he is a better player?
I know the question wasn't directed at me but I have a similar feeling. 3 years ago when he was 'on' he was one of the better players. Now, as he was in the Canada game, he can completely control the play. His body is developing and he's starting to use it more to make plays happen. However he still has his Hand grenade nights and that's something that will need to be fixed before he can be a reliable NHLer. My only concern is that Buffalo isn't exactly known for being able to coax consistency from it's players. Will we be able to win if both our top goal scorers (Armia, Vanek) disappear for weeks at a time during the season? I think Hodgson and Grigorenko will be the deciding factors. In a league driven by center play having 2 excellent playmakers at the pivot might just cover up for their deficiencies.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote