View Single Post
Old
12-30-2012, 11:49 PM
buffalowing88

vCash: 500
I want to keep Nix and let Gailey and Fitzpatrick go. Sadly, we will likely get stuck with Fitzpatrick because no quarterback in the draft is ready to step into a starting role. I don't want to draft a Barkley who has never played in a cold weather environment and let him loose as the starter from day 1. We have seen how that works out. I don't see anyone splurging on an FA after the Fitzpatrick contract either so for better or worse we are stuck with him.

Gailey is an incompetent coach. Someone who teased us at first because he was the anti-Dick Jauron. The problem is that his potential is far outweighed by his loser persona and mind boggling play calling. He will go, that much I am sure of.

Nix really doesnt have a terrible track record. He brought in Mario who ended up being a solid pickup even if the price is rough (small market disadvantage), he drafted Gilmore and Dareus, two big pieces of our defense, and he locked up Stevie rather than let him go. I don't have an issue with Nix. He was dealt a terrible hand and did the best he could.

We just have to go WR or LB at the 8 spot and look into drafting a developmental QB in the rounds afterwards. This team is not that bad, their is a lot of talent on the roster and half of the problem could be blamed on poor coaching. Fitzpatrick will never be more than average but with the quality of our line and our RB's he will have to do.