View Single Post
12-31-2012, 12:00 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi
vCash: 500
I think Ouellet is a lot like Vlasic, just because he fights from time to time and plays with a little bit more jam doesn't change that.

Where I get that from is his passing and positional play. He is a smart player and he rarely makes mistakes. The kind of guy a coach trusts in any situation. I don't know that he will be as good as Vlasic defensively, but as pointed out he plays with a little more physical nature and has a better shot.

But they both are very crisp passers, strong in their positioning and coaches seem to trust them immediately. While being less than ideal size when drafted they both have filled out and play larger than their frame.

A lot of people forget because we never though of him that way and by that time the role was never asked of him but Stuart was supposed to be more than he is. He was a top 5 (#3 overall in 1998) draft pick blessed with tons of raw talent. When it didn't pan out offensively he used those to become a very good stay at home type. But to be honest Brad Stuart was thought to be more than he is, even early in his career in San Jose he showed significantly more offense.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote