View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 12:10 AM
double5son10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
Thought of him too. The only thing is he lacked staying power compared to the other guys.

Moving along, while this is a name I know is nowhere near Hasek I thought I would mention him as a guy who always gave you that fear in the back of your mind that he would steal a game every time. Mike Richter. Maybe it is the 1994 playoffs or the 1996 World Cup that comes to mind, but I never felt comfortable going against him especially in international tournaments. There was always this thought in the back of your mind saying "Oh my Lord is he going to rob us tonight?"
Parent lacked "staying power" but you bring up Mike Richter? Haha, that's funny. The OP is "Hasek in his prime", not "Was Hasek feared as a 40+ year old has-been being carried by a superior team?" Parent didn't exactly drop off from hanging around too long. He suffered two major injuries, one that cost him most of a season and possibly a Flyers dynasty, the other that ended his career. Parent was just as feared in his prime as Hasek was in his, yes, even if it wasn't as long a prime, and yes, more than Mike Richter ever was. But whatever, moving along...

double5son10 is offline   Reply With Quote