View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 01:21 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post
On discipline...I would disagree with you. I saw guys trying (hard) not to take PIMS.

But I agree...we prolly should have lost the game. Or at least went to OT.

The team was (mistakenly) built to grind/hit/intimidate. And they're realizing now...its not gonna be permitted by officials here.

A lot of our fwds. are near a liablity level. Good strong N.A. players. But useless as teats on a boar on the big ice playing the euro game.

Personally...If I were coaching this squad...and lets be honest...I should be...

Id play the piss out of RNH today and tell my grinders to go ahead and grind.

Screw the PIMS.

If we want to have the best chance to win this tournament we need to try and force the refs to allow us to play it old school style. Were not gonna win playing "euro-hockey".

And if they insist on calling PIMS...

Lean on the tendy to PK.
Not sure I agree with taking penalties but yeah I see what you're saying with the type of lineup it is. Not sure how they wouldn't consider that this Russian tournament was going to be called much differently than a NA junior tourney. We've seen this movie before, we should be sending speek/skill to a Euro tourney. Not guys prone to taking penalties and that need to be physical to have any impact.

From the word go the officiating was going to be a problem for this squad. But not unpredictable.