View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 04:16 AM
Sarava

vCash: 500
I think Emery has to either fire Lovie Smith or give him an extension. You don't want him being a lame-duck coach heading in to next year.

And they also need to replace the offensive staff, whether Lovie stays or goes. As has been said, you won't be able to bring in good coaches if they think the head coach will get axed a year later.

That's just how I see it. I say either fire Lovie or give him a 3 year extension and commit to him. Personally I can live with it either way - I see the arguments from both sides....but you can't let it continue to hang by threads. If Emery doesn't believe in Lovie enough to give him an extension, then he should fire him.

Then replace the whole offensive coaching staff, with Emery in charge of those hires (unless he fires Lovie, then the new head coach can do it).

As for Emery - I think he had a good off-season last year, but he needs to have a better one this summer. I like that he brought in a franchise wide receiver. Jeffery also looks like a keeper. Now it's time to build on last summer's moves. The priority has to be to fix the offensive line. Whatever the case may be - between how he handles the o-line and how he deals with the Lovie Smith situation - I think we're finally going to know what we have in Phil Emery.