2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part X: Is There Any Hope? Edition
View Single Post
12-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Originally Posted by
The NHL is offering $70.2M with no compliance buyouts. Then its $60M with compliance buyouts.
$64.3M for two years
with compliance buyouts for 13 and 13-14.
Lots of teams would get into trouble here and be over the cap immediately - incl us :
- $68,867,976 - 23 contracts (Savard LTIR ?)
- $68,848,867 - 23 contracts
- $67,768,333 - 23 contracts
Chicago Blackhawks with Olesz
- $67,033,334 - 25 contracts
- $66,668,332 - 23 contracts
- $66,643,373 - 23 contracts (Pronger LTIR?)
San Jose Sharks
- $65,241,667 - 21 contracts
New York Rangers
(with Wade Redden) - $64,533,334 - 23 contracts (Sauer on LTIR but del Zotto still unsigned)
$64,354,523 - 24 contracts
- $63,897,976 - 23 contracts (PK Subban still unsigned)
Toronto Maple Leafs
- $63,485,833 - 22 contracts (Cody Fransson still unsigned)
I do not believe it is doable
Your previous idea of $70,2M in 2013 and $64,4 - $65M 2013/2014 is going to be necessary imo.
Basically the NBA model. Batterman should know that one...
Time will tell
Last edited by BBKers: 12-31-2012 at
View Public Profile
Visit BBKers's homepage!
Find More Posts by BBKers