View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I've seen every US game and not to make excuses for Gally but what exactly is the problem everyone seems to rag on? He's 2nd in tourney scoring behind 1 guy who should be in the NHL on a stacked team. He's done all he's been asked to on what everyone knows is not his natural position and what everyone knows to be sub par line mates in an effort to spread the scoring.

Has he been the main driving force for the US? not really, but again, he's not been asked to or been put in a position to do so by Housley. For what he's done and how he's done it, I think he's doing a pretty remarkable job. Far better than just about every other player not named Ryan Nuggent-Hopkins, who plays first line at his natural position on the best team and who's he's only behind by 1 point. Yeah, huge bust.

Some of you need a good shake.
'Cause everything is often more than points. I would have taken 2 points less but a strong showing instead. Yet, in this tournament, and whether it's his mistake or Housley, with a line that clicks and with a strong showing....he's ahead by 5-6 points as #1 scorer. Now, we also needs to be careful with those "He's 2nd scorer of the tournament". Most of everybody's comments against a player are about the type of opposition he had. How many points against Germany and Slovakia? Galchenyuk is more than beating weak teams. Having said all of that...he's not awful. But his tournament is still not going the way we'd all like it to be despite this 2nd place in scoring.