View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 08:30 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
'Cause everything is often more than points. I would have taken 2 points less but a strong showing instead. Yet, in this tournament, and whether it's his mistake or Housley, with a line that clicks and with a strong showing....he's ahead by 5-6 points as #1 scorer. Now, we also needs to be careful with those "He's 2nd scorer of the tournament". Most of everybody's comments against a player are about the type of opposition he had. How many points against Germany and Slovakia? Galchenyuk is more than beating weak teams. Having said all of that...he's not awful. But his tournament is still not going the way we'd all like it to be despite this 2nd place in scoring.
USA has no problem beating weak teams, it's not only a Galchenyuk thing. His team scored 2 goals in total vs Russia and USA, games in which Galchenyuk didn't have top line ice time, yet, he participated in both of those goals. I don't think he's off as some people think, his line doesn't seem to click and that is partially due to USA not playing a puck possesion game, specially against stronger teams. To me, him finding a way to contribute even if he's not playing his usual game is encouraging. He wont be a hero if he's not asked to be one and I think that we were expecting him to carry the U.S team, but that's not what is asked of him.

So I believe, that in these circumstances, Galchenyuk is doing fine and we have to be careful of our judgement of his performance when we're watching him so closely instead of the bigger picture.