View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 10:16 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
It's like Greg Maddux in Baseball though, He spent equal time as a Cub and Brave, but he had the most success as a Brave. Let Colorado retire Blakes number. The Kings need to stay as far away from Blake as psossible if they know what's good for them or they'll be dealing with a lot of boos and disgruntled fans.
Blake played 13 seasons for the Kings, and just over 4 for the Avs. If anyone retires his jersey, it'd be us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Yeah, Blake was from the outside looking in a crappy teammate that only cared about himself (and surfing) and that on two occasions went out of his way to "turn the knife" on Kings fans and wave a middle finger at them. The Kings need to distance themselves from the "Dark Age" of Kings hockey and having anything to do with Blake is counter productive to that. Let Kopitar, Quick, Doughty, or Brown be the next number that gets put up in the rafters (hopefully.)

If Blake does make the HOF then that alone is enough recognition of what he accomplished as a player.

What are the two occassions? Are you referring to the two trades? I don't see how he turned the knife on us in the first trade then if that's the case. We dealt him, got arguably the best package for a UFA to be in league history, and would have had a great transition out of the dark ages through that deal if Deader didn't get hurt and retire and DT's draft crew could have done anything decent with those draft pick assets.

The second time, while I wish we could have traded him to get something, he refused to be traded for his own reasons and as much as I don't like Rob Blake, he had that right in his contract.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote