Thread: Proposal: NY Islanders - Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 09:41 AM
Hipster Doofus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I just want to remind everyone that this is not a pissing contest. I KNOW that Tavares is EVERYTHING to NYI but let me remind you that this is an online forum where trades are brought up here or else where would we be able to bring em up.

A future top pairing defender, future top 6(or more) in Zibanejad, proven 30 goal scorer, 1st round pick in deep draft.

That makes NYI better, especially if Zibanejad becomes a 70 point 2 way center. However, Tavares is already proven now and he is the only thing keeping that franchise afloat.

It's a good proposal and the value is definitely there, IMO, due to Lehner being added in but in reality will never happen unless some disagreement between Tavares happens or something anytime soon.

Someone posted these:
Neidereitter + Strome + Nielsen + 2014 1st for Karlsson
Moulson+Hamonic+Strome+2013 1st for karlsson

They dont help the Sens in anyway. Nor do they come close to value.

Michalek>=Moulson
Cowen>Hamonic
Zibanejad=<Strome
Lehner>>>>>>>>>>>?
1st=1st

We have all the pieces you are giving us. We offer better rounded pieces to improve your goaltending, your defense and add two top 6ers. One is not as proven but could be better than Michalek.

With all this being said, I don't do this trade. Nope. Lehner will be too important for Ottawa, as will Cowen. Tavares would be phenomenal but we need the pieces just as much.
You are a hoot.