Old
12-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Umm...yeah. You try telling that to the players on these teams. To them, they don't know the difference and are out there for one reason and one reason only. To win and to be a big part of that.
That's irrelevant to the argument. We are discussing the impact of the tournament on the scouts. Who cares what the players think of the tournament?

Quote:
You're blurring the elements here.
I just gave you a list of reasons why the tournament is what it is, which has more to do with just an assessment of players. The assessment of the players has little to do with the big picture of the tournament, as I have been arguing.

Quote:
Any scout worth his salt understands that MacKinnon has been a victim of depth moreso than Seth Jones. They are aware of this just as much if not more than you or I.
So, in other words, they cannot use this tournament to evaluate him as a player against high competition? What does that say about the tournament?

Quote:
I dont think this tournament is a be all end all for scouting conclusion but it is one piece of the puzzle.
And it's a very small piece, just like it's sample size.

Quote:
Players want to win because that's all they know. They are professional athletes and are self-interested.
You're view on a professional athlete is severely misguided. However, this has little to do with the argument at hand.

Quote:
Ridiculous to think players play in this tournament, get stitched up on the bench, and want to score goals because it puts more money in the pockets of Pepsi Cola.
Again, nothing to do with the argument at hand. I have said the tournament is just as important for various other things (see the list). You have taken that to mean what the players are after. This is wrong on a comprehension level.