View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 10:08 AM
orangeandblack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
I'd be a bit surprised if USHR passed along that info if they suspected it's posturing at all. It seems to me that given the fact Yan showed up at last summer's select festival and made the move to play in the US for this season that there's likely interest in going with the US program in the manner Galchenyuk has. Putting in a few years with the NTDP would reinforce that notion and potentially help his draft stock.

He's a pure goal scorer. He's leading one of the top US U18 leagues in goal scoring as a 15 year old right now, which quite simply doesn't happen very often. He could develop into a high end NHL prospect.

Speaking of another interesting eligibility issue, apparently top '97 forward Daniel Sprong is an American citizen. He's spent most of his playing life in Quebec but is not a Canadian citizen. Hockey Canada invited him to the All-State All Canadian camp last summer despite this and there's talk he could be getting Canadian citizenship. I guess it seems he's a long shot to play for the US but you never know just what will happen over the next few years.

These wild citizenship issues are becoming remarkably common place all of a sudden.
Wow, if Sprong could commit to the US that would great. Would help offset the apparent Sean Day loss, even though they play different positions.

Have you heard any NTDP early commits? Are they putting a team in the World Youth Olympics again?