View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 10:09 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Pyatt is still a useful NHL 3rd liner. I do see similarities in their style of game, so that's why I referred to him as such. Actually, I thought he was Pyatt-esque before he was drafted, from what I had seen (Never thought we'd draft him though). It's not meant as a slight.

Anyways, I hope his strength advantage in the OHL remains proportional in the NHL. If he can bulk up, or apply his strength in the same way, then he's going to be a gem. As I have said before, I really like players like this. You just know he's going to translate to pro, it's just the extent of that transition that remains to be seen. A standard 3rd liner vs. an elite 3rd liner/2nd liner... etc... There's reason to be optimistic here.
If Pyatt were a center, he'd be very valuable in the NHL. He's pretty solid defensively, has a good shot so can create some offense, and he can step into the top 6 or PP in short stints. If Gaunce develops into a player like Pyatt who is slightly more physical, and is a center who is good on the draw, I'll be thrilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Likely had no need for him looking at their top scorers. He was doing well through first 15 games or so but with the lockout continuing they seem to have signed quite a few more guys and he has been bumped all the way down the depth chart.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...036602013.html
Not good. I don't think we've signed Grenier, correct? I believe we wanted to see what he was capable of in Europe first before wasting a contract slot on him. Getting cut by his team in Austria isn't a good sign at all. The Canucks will either have to make a choice on whether or not to sign him, or else find him a different place to go in Europe. Personally, I'd prefer option #2.