View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 11:18 AM
shutehinside

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I am saying you are blowing this event way out of proportion. This sort of event happened for most players.

If you want to see how players are being driven out of town, just look at Brisebois, Koivu, Kostityn
I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. I just mentioned that like most highly regarded rookies in the past, anything short of god like performance leads to the inevitable "bust" or "trade" etc calls from fans. I wasn't singling out PK but rather the fans for being ridiculous in their expectations.

To respond to Whitesnake, yes, this unrealistic expectation happens in many other markets and maybe more so in some others. Toronto is a prime example where the expectations are beyond unrealistic. I expect it has to do with a fan base who really cares and wants nothing more than to win and this hang all thier hopes on any glimmer of hope that might get them there.

All I'm saying is Montreal fans are some of the worse offenders in the league of doing this. Not the worst, but top 5 for sure. We care and want to win but pinning all our hopes on kids is a silly way to go about it. It's not going to be 1 player who wins a cup but rather a solid team with a great coach. Hopefully Gally will fit in well with Price, PK, Patches etc and help us over the hump. A good team makes a good player better.