View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 10:19 AM
tujague

vCash: 500
I'm sick, but I'll attempt to respond in a cohesive manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
To me, the core of the game is the facilities. That's what I enjoy most about the game, more than setting tactics or line-ups or purchasing players/staff members from the market. What do you consider the core of the game?
The players, maybe. I like building players the way I want them. I never really thought about it. I guess the main draw is competition. It's fun playing against people you 'know'. It's just too bad that the US leagues suck as far as conversation goes. If I'm not posting in my league topic, then no one is posting in my league topic.

Quote:
If you want to allow new users to catch up to established teams more quickly and prevent top teams from running away early, then something has to be done to facilities. If they change the facilities much, they could easily piss off everyone who thinks that the core of the game is the facilities.
I don't want to allow new teams to catch up quicker, I want new teams to be able to catch up, period. It can't happen right now. A team starting right now would take years just to get on even ground with a top team. We've been at it for 3 years. We're both pretty good managers even though we do things differently. Both have had some success. But we're not even close to catching the Force. We're not even that close to catching the second tier teams. We're just lucky that that group of teams is a lot smaller since everyone quit.

And I actually want to emphasize the facilities more. Make having top facilities really impressive. It should be a lot harder to get them and it should be a lot harder to keep them. It's too easy to get them and it's way too easy to keep them. There's entirely too much money at the top in this game.

Quote:
I also look at the game in a more global sense. The Force is a good example, they've been fighting to be the #1 in the world for a while now. I have to assume that's where most of his excitement in the game comes from. If you're going to do something to impact his ability to run around from the USA, then I think that the other top teams need to be affected just as much as well.
I'll be honest, I don't give a crap about the Force's attempt to be the best team in the game. That really has nothing to do with that I want. But of course I want to affect the other top teams ability to keep their stranglehold on the top of the table. This is not just a US problem.

However, as I've said in the past, the Force is the worst case scenario. When I was getting sponsor info from everyone, he was making at least 65M. The next best team in the US was making 35M. Only 4-5 teams were making more than 20M. That's ****ing stupid.

Quote:
In soccer, I'm currently 21st in the world in OTR. My early success consisted of finishing 3rd, 4th, and 2nd in II.4 the first 3 seasons and being fortunate enough to win the NC in season 3. That was followed by 5 straight top-3 finished in I.1, which isn't easy to do.
Yes. You've done quite well in soccer. Does this mean you deserve to make so much more money than everyone else? I think I've been in the top 5 all but two seasons, maybe three. And I'm making a ****ton of money. It's actually less fun for me. I don't know who else is making 30M+, but if you're not, you're not catching anyone who is. I'm just guessing, but you're probably over 60M by now. Certainly 50M. There's teams in I.1 making less than 15M. How can they compete? Competition is what this should be about.

Quote:
In hockey, my team's OTS jumped after the energy reset more than the teams that promoted up. I'm a top-8 in OTS and should continue to be so. There are a lot of teams that started before me that aren't doing as well. I don't believe helping those managers catch me (as an example) is the right thing to do now.
Come on. You can't talk about any success in hockey. Half of I.1 quit a few seasons ago. You got lucky enough to be propelled into a playoff spot which boosted your sponsors a bit, but it has very little to do with what you did. If just half of those teams had stayed around, you would be sitting in 11th or 12th and stagnating. Unless the recent changes actually helped those teams.

Quote:
We have different perspectives of the game and that doesn't make either opinion valid or invalid. But I would like to point out, that we both play the game that I'm arguing to keep and only one of us would play the game that you want to play.
So you prefer a game that favors the winners to such an extent that it will take a new team 5 years to catch up? That's a good time frame for you? This game will die if something isn't done to fix it. Most people are looking for a reason to quit as soon as they figure out how bad it is.

i can't thnk about this anymore. Gotta hit the sack.