Old
12-31-2012, 10:53 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McGrath View Post
Ofcourse those two are the biggest problems. They're also the biggest egos. If those two (and others) lose a season over this measuring contest I'm going to be livid. If they get a deal done and save at least half a season, Fehr did his job IMO. If they go the whole year everyone screwed the pooch because the players aren't going to magically get a better deal next year.
Yeah personally I just want to see the contracts that were signed guaranteed, a 50/50 split of revenue (maybe not by 2013-14, but by 2014-15), some of the cap circumvention that teams like the Rangers (burying **** contracts to **** players in the minors) and others (ridiculous length contracts with cheap extra years to get the hit down) gone. That's it. It's going to still require some give and take based on the NHL's offer (see 2013-14 cap part of the proposal) but it should be doable. Should have been workable months ago.

Of course, if the NHL comes out and rejects the PA's counter AGAIN in 15 minutes I'm going to lose my ****.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote