View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Joe McGrath

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Yeah personally I just want to see the contracts that were signed guaranteed, a 50/50 split of revenue (maybe not by 2013-14, but by 2014-15), some of the cap circumvention that teams like the Rangers (burying **** contracts to **** players in the minors) and others (ridiculous length contracts with cheap extra years to get the hit down) gone. That's it. It's going to still require some give and take based on the NHL's offer (see 2013-14 cap part of the proposal) but it should be doable. Should have been workable months ago.

Of course, if the NHL comes out and rejects the PA's counter AGAIN in 15 minutes I'm going to lose my ****.
I think the frustrating thing is that most impartial viewers of this see exactly the same thing you do in terms of what needs to be done and the PA and the NHL are still trying to "win". It's just brainless at this point. What's going to drive me nuts is if Fehr pulls some more BS provisions no ones ever talked about in a counter proposal like he has in the past.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote