View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 11:08 AM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate3 View Post
You must not be as familiar with Greenway as you think. Him and McDavid?? Not exactly the combo Erie would put together. Konecny and McDavid for sure. As for a comparison between Bennett and Greenway..not even close which if you knew Greenway, you would not have made that analogy. Also, Spencer is by far a good D, but there's better as in Lizotte. Has all the qualities that the teams look for besides the fact that his brother is already playing in the O. Spencer needs improving on decision making and passing the puck forward versus rushing it at every opportunity which he wwill not be doing once in the O. Werenski is the only D capable of playing in the O right now, however, Lizotte and Henley all show similarities in their style of play. Reading the play is key for these teams which Henley and Werenski as well as Lizotte do superbly. Again, Spencer will not be a 3rd overall pick. I appreciate your opinion as I'm sure you value mine and all will be revealed come April2013. But Spencer a #3 pick, forget it and Henley has just been rumoured to be on the same train as Werenski. Werenski has the size over Spencer and Henley.
U dont think I know Greenway? fair enough, I dont think u know Henley. Greenway and Bennett are not the same player, i never said they were. MY point is Mcdavid flourishes with a physical skilled guy. No arguements there. I never said there were the same. Greenway could play that style of game, Greenway can be a presence physically in the OHL. 6-5 209 pounds with skill. I bet OHL teams will want him to use his size a bit more, but Greenway is a playmaking/power forward who can shoot the puck. He could be many different things depending on what is asked of him. Konecny and Mcdavid are not a a match in my opinion. They both flourish with the puck on there stick and there is only one puck. Hosang and Mcdavid didnt match very well last year because of these same reasons. Guys like Lindo and Bennett were perfect for Mcdavid. I dont think people realize how small Konecny is. Last year on Shattucks, Nathan Noel was a star and still is on the U18 team but many thought that only Greenway could touch this kids upside, myself included. He has a ton of more growth and upside than what u see now. This upside is an advantage over Konecny.

Konecny as fantastic as he is, There is not alot of growth left in his game from my eyes. He is now what he will be in 3-4 years, hopefully he gains weight, which to me probably the most important thing for him to do this summer and in the future, all the skill, but physically right now Konency is over-matched. He is very small, 5-8.5 and 145 max. In the OHL, Konecny I believe could pick teams apart on the PP right now. Playing 5 on 5 , playing the cycle game to create opportunites or playing dump and chase, Konecny in my view will struggle.

If STrome like u suggest goes in the TOP 5, Ill fall off my chair. I dont see that at all. #6-10 yes.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 12-31-2012 at 11:14 AM.