View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Transom Bob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Let's have a discussion on players that disappointed up till now in the tournament.

The player that disappoints the most in this WJC is Nail Yakupov for me. Watching him carefully, we can see that he doesn't have a high hockey IQ and makes terrible decisions with the puck. That's his main flaw.

Nathan MacKinnon just had a very bad game vs Russia. He's not properly used by Spott but he has to show more when given the chance.

Discuss!
MacKinnon's probably never played on the fourth line in his life, so I'd give him a free pass so far. With limited icetime and more defensive linemates, it's kind of difficult to play an offensive/defensive game.

I've might get flamed for this, but I've been expecting to see more from Huberdeau personally. I know he has 7 points in 4 games, but he just hasn't wowed me in a tournament where I expected him to breakout. I thought the 2nd line was the weakest of the 4 lines Canada iced today, and that comes after Huberdeau gets demoted to that line. and agree with you on Yakupov as well.

Transom Bob is online now   Reply With Quote