View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Re Cormier: The cheap 4th line C thing is appealing. He won't be an impact players, but I fully expect him to suit up with the big club in 13/14. I'd rather have his style of grit and defense than what Thorburn offers. The faceoffs are a nice plus too.

Re Pasquale: Eddie is at least a year or two away from a serious look at a backup job, but his development is trending in the right direction. Solid positional play and a sick glove hand makes him pretty much the anti-Pav. If Pav continues to falter we may need more from Eddie down the line.

Re Klingberg: It is a dang shame that he can't put his tools together. I like his skating and size, but his hockey sense and shot seem to be a complete mess. He is the kind of player that could benefit from a patient development plan. He isn't near ready, but I wouldn't rule out him finding a niche withing the next couple years. He is definitely a maybe.
Excellent post, Truck.

You may be right with Klingberg, but after awhile the drafting team will lose patience with a player like that, and they seem to 'resurface' with another organization.