View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
fly4apuckguy
Mr. Old School

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post
MacKinnon's probably never played on the fourth line in his life, so I'd give him a free pass so far. With limited icetime and more defensive linemates, it's kind of difficult to play an offensive/defensive game.

I've might get flamed for this, but I've been expecting to see more from Huberdeau personally. I know he has 7 points in 4 games, but he just hasn't wowed me in a tournament where I expected him to breakout. I thought the 2nd line was the weakest of the 4 lines Canada iced today, and that comes after Huberdeau gets demoted to that line. and agree with you on Yakupov as well.
What he said.

MacKinnon actually played okay today, but you can see that being in a limited role hurts him. He finally gets on the ice and just wants to do too much. His time with the puck is magical. He reminds me of Crosby in how he holds onto it. But what a limited role for him.

Huberdeau is by far and away the biggest disappointment for me. He looks lethargic at times, disinterested even. If you compare what he has done with the puck with what MacKinnon has done when he has had it, Nate has been far better. Huberdeau has already been replaced by one 17 year old. Is he going for two?

fly4apuckguy is offline   Reply With Quote