Thread: Beginners: new player established team
View Single Post
Old
12-31-2012, 11:35 AM
CoopALoop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
Good points. When new guys join my team I usually know if I am really going to like them or not if they speak up in the locker room. I am not a huge fan of having real reserved guys on my team, b/c it seems like they are having a bad time and it kind of brings the room down. Now I would never be dick to them b/c they are quiet but after a while I also won't go out of my way to include you on non team related things.

That being said no one really expects you to be the center of attention on day 1. We all know how uncomfortable those first couple of games can be and would give you some time to warm up.
While I can see why people would see the super quiet guys as having a bad time, it's not always the case.

I'm a pretty quiet guy in general. Only really participate in conversations unless I feel I have something good to say.

But before a game, I barely speak to anyone once I have my lower pads on. It's more of a focus thing for myself. But hey, I'm just hamming up the "odd goaltender" status quo.

Really, the biggest thing are as follows:

- play hard, be humble about mistakes you make, try and learn from them
- make sure to pay up on time (this could be number 1 really)
- make an effort to get to know the guys

It's a rec league, while on the ice we all take it seriously, off the ice should be about good times.

Have fun man.

CoopALoop is offline   Reply With Quote